Friday, June 10, 2011

Never a dull moment....

My family has been telling me for a while now,"You need to write these things down."  They are referring to the funny sayings that Preston and Grant come up with, so I have started this blog so that I can do just that. 

Preston

The latest funny saying from Preston came during last night's Mav game.  I have been keeping up with the finals, and being the only hard core sports fan in the household I often find myself watching these games alone after the boys have gone to bed.  Last night was one of those nights.  Preston got up to go to the bathroom, and found me sitting on the couch watching said game.  He asked if he could please join me, and since it is summer break I said sure!!  We had been watching quite a while when Ray came back inside from working on one of the cars.  He wanted to know what Preston was doing out of bed.  Preston replied, "Well, you weren't here so someone had to watch the game with Mom!"  I love that boy!!

Grant

Grant has decided that he likes helping me in the kitchen!  I am thrilled because those are some of my favorite childhood memories with my mom, and up until now the boys just have not shown an interest in being in the kitchen with me unless they are eating something!  I was getting set up to make the boys some chocolate pudding for a snack, when Grant comes into the kitchen dragging his little red chair behind him.  I told him he could poor the pudding into the bowl while I stirred.  As he was "spilling" the pudding mix in he said, "Mom, why are we putting dirt in it?"

Thanks for indulging me!!

Bethani

No comments:

Post a Comment